Gerstacker Academic Commons
的 Gerstacker Academic Commons (广汽) offers all 学生的自由 academic programs, 服务, 和 resources that provide thoughtful conversations about disciplinary knowledge, 大学 culture, 和 student success. Located on the second floor of the library, the 广汽 is a welcoming 和 inclusive face-to-face 和 online 空间 连接s students with peer 和 专业 导师 谁 提供学术 in a wide range of courses 和 学科. We provide essential tools 和 支持 for students of all academic levels through one-on-one tutoring, review sessions, service learning, workshops, 支持ive study spaces, 和 print/web resources. As a space for collaborative knowledge making, the 广汽 promotes diversity, 股本, 和 inclusion through fostering the academic 和 专业 growth of all students, with attention toward mentorship, 沟通, 批判性思维, 和创造力.
- 的 Center for Academic Achievement
- 的 数学 和 Physics Resource Center
- 的 写作中心
的 广汽 provides (free of charge):
- Face-to-face 和 virtual one-on-one 和 small group tutoring
- Academic 支持 in a variety of subject areas, 包括写作, 播客, 沟通, 数学, 物理, 生物学, 化学, 会计, 经济学, 统计数据, 地理位置, history political science, 心理学, 社会学, study 和 reading skills
- Group-based academic 支持 such as review sessions, workshops, 和 tours
- Professional development opportunities for student mentors that 支持 both their work as 导师 和 in future careers
的 广汽 Recognizes:
- Diversity, 股本, 和 inclusion are central to our mission 和 to student success at the 大学. We strive to provide a welcoming 和 inclusive environment for all students regardless of race, color, 国家的起源, 性, 性ual orientation, 性别认同, 残疾状态, 年龄, 公民身份, 婚姻状况, 宗教, 资深地位, 高度, 或重量.
- Student success requires underst和ing 和 支持ing the 谁le student 和 we strive to collaborate with units across campus to provide students with the opportunities 和 支持 necessary for academic, 专业, 和 personal success.
- We recognize student success as situated in a complex social context 和 strive to help students identify 和 navigate their best path forward.
- We appreciate the important role that evidence-based practices, experiential learning, 和 innovation play in helping students succeed.
的 Center for Academic Achievement provides tutoring in a wide variety of subjects, including the following:
- Business (Accounting, Economics, Statistics)
- Science (Biology, Chemistry)
- Social Science/General Studies
点击这里 to schedule an appointment.
的 数学 和 Physics Resource Center provides tutoring for MATH 081-MATH 262 和 PHYS 107-212.
Study materials for MATH 082–MATH 103 are available on our website as well.
To schedule an appointment, access our online drop-in tutoring, or find this semester's hours, 访问我们的网站.
的 写作中心 鼓励 thoughtful conversations about 沟通, audience, 和 context, toward a more equitable 和 inclusive social future. 的 center offers space for peers to collaborate in considering how writing in any discipline or mode can be crafted 和 how communicative acts may be received, promoting essential inter-专业 和 沟通 skills. This means that the 写作中心 is a powerful resource for students seeking to 连接 with peers 和 talk through what is going on within an assignment prompt, draft, presentation, or student audio recording (e.g. 播客课程).
No matter your dicipline, skill level, or point in the writing process, students are welcome to book an appointment to talk to one of our friendly student 导师 or work in our multimedia lab, equipped with video 和 audio recording equipment. 的 center also offers a curated collection of student 支持 materials, including 写作指南 和 播客集.
Need help with research for class assignments? 参观 Research Center desk on the 1st floor, for in-person 援助 to complete class assignments. Assistance is also available using 图书馆 chat/text/email 服务.
"I was given amazing help that helped me underst和 everything so much better."
"My tutor helped so much! I feel more confident going into my exam."
"Working with a tutor, I got a lot more done. I'm happy with my progress!"
"的 导师 are so kind 和 patient – they make me feel so much better about my work."
"As soon as I started coming here, my grades got better. So I keep coming back!"
Center for Academic Achievement
数学 & 物理中心
Second Floor, Zahnow 图书馆